So, what happened in the past 3 months?
- Google+ got lots of signups because of the hype
- Facebook copied all the cool features of Google+:
- circles - facebook had lists, but they improved the UI and made it more visible. Now you choose whether your posts are public, or you want to target them at specific list
- counting shares - sharing existed in facebook, but it didn't count the number of shares. Now it does
- subscribe - adds the non-reciprocal "friendship" concept from twitter and Google+.
- video chat - only two people can participate though
- Google are late with releasing their API - 3 months after the initial hype a rudimentary API appeared, but you can't do much.